“And it came to pass that when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
And she exclaimed with a great voice and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb!
And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For behold, as soon as the voice of thy greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for gladness.
And happy is she who has believed that there shall be a performance of those things which were spoken to her from the Lord.”Luke 1:41-44
“It is said of John the Baptist:
That he was filled with the Holy Spirit in his mother’s womb; and that the babe leaped in the womb at the salutation of Mary (Luke 1:15, 41, 44).
This signified that he was to represent the Lord in relation to the Word, as Elijah did; for in the Word, which is Divine truth, there is everywhere the marriage of Divine good and Divine truth, and Divine good united with Divine truth is the Divine proceeding from the Lord, which is called the Holy Spirit. The leaping in the womb at the salutation of Mary represented the joy arising from the love of the conjunction of good and truth, thus the joy of celestial conjugial love, which is in every particular of the Word.” Apocalypse Explained 710.31
“1. The Lord conjoins Himself to man in the womb of the mother from his first conception, and forms man.
2. He conjoins Himself to man in these two receptacles, in the one through love, in the other through wisdom.
3. Love and wisdom unitedly and harmoniously form each and all things, and yet in these things they may be distinguished.
4. The receptacles are distinguished into three degrees with man, one within another; and the two higher are the dwelling-place’s of the Lord, but not the lowest.
5. One receptacle is for the will of the future man and the other for his understanding; and yet nothing whatever of his will or of his understanding is present in the formation.
6. There is life in the embryo before birth, but the embryo is not conscious of it.”
Divine Wisdom 3